This stock features many nutritious herbs and ingredients that are anti-inflammatory, immune supportive and carminitive (aid digestion). This is the perfect base for a deliciously warming vegetarian Hot and Sour Soup
- 12 Cup water
- 1 garlic bulb (skins included if organic)
- 2 onions (roughly chopped, skins included if organic)
- 2 thai chilis
- 2 lemongrass stalks (roughly chopped)
- 2 Slice dried galangal (or 1 inch fresh gingerroot, slices)
- 6 shitake mushrooms (dried or fresh)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 star anise pods
- 2 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 Teaspoon black peppercorns (or white or szechuan)
This is the perfect base for a deliciously warming vegetarian Hot and Sour Soup
- Simmer all ingredients in a large pot for 45 mins (this will reduce it to about 8 cups).
- Drain and use as stock for Hot and Sour Soup!