Crunchy Almond Protein Squares
These are a great high protein alternative to regular rice crispy squares traditionally made with marshmallows or peanut butter. These tasty treats are not only super easy to make, they are an excellent vehicle for sneaking in fiber, omega 3s and protein.
- 1 cup almond butter (or sunflower butter)
- 1 cup rice syrup, or maple syrup or ? cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-2.5 cups brown rice crispies*
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- dash of sea salt
- Optional: Add 2 Tablespoons raw cocao nibs “Organic Traditions” or ?Cocoa Camino? Chocolate Chips
- In a large saucepan, melt nut/seed butter and sweetener, stirring to combine.
- Once melted, take off heat.
- Add the dash of sea salt and stir.
- Mix the brown rice crisps and the remaining ingredients.
- Before it cools, spread batter onto a 8 by 8 pan or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using another sheet parchment paper on top, press down on the batter to make it uniform and smooth.
- Let set in the fridge.
- Cut into bars or squares.
- Wrap in parchment paper and keep in a sealed container, store in the fridge.
Makes 10 bars or 20 squares
*(Nature’s path makes eco-pacs of Koala Crisp and boxes of Crisp Rice )