This is a great alternative to regular rice crispy squares with marshmallows and a good vehicle for sneaking in fiber, (chia/flax), omega 3s (hemp /chia/flax) and protein (hemp, almond butter).
- 3/4 Cup almond butter
- 3/4 Cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 4 Cup crispy brown rice or puffed brown rice ( (crispy rice is hard to find sans “cane sugar”)
- 1/4 Cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds ((could use ground flax instead))
- 2 Tablespoon raw cocoa nibs ((“Organic Traditions” makes some good one)s)
- In a large saucepan, melt almond butter and honey or brown rice syrup.
- Once melted, mix in 4 c (most) of the brown rice crisps/puffs and the other ingredients,
- Add more rice if needed to make it thick enough to stick together well.
- Before it cools, spread in a 9 by 9 pan.
- Let set and store in fridge.
- Cut into squares. Yum.