Dukkha- Anti-inlfammatory Spice Mix
Dukkah is a delicious Egyptian sesame seed and spice mixture. Its crunchy texture works well as a plant based high protein topping for salads, steamed and adds a dimension of flavor to steamed vegetables, especially greens.
Hints of cumin and coriander in the mix lend a nice flavour to pan fried fish (great on halibut!) tofu, or hearty stews?especially good with lamb.
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds (white are best looking here)
- 2 Tablespoon coriander seeds (whole)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin seeds (whole)
- 1 Teaspoon black peppercorns (whole)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup hempseeds (save for end)
- Toast each whole spice separately in a dry fry pan (I like cast iron) .
- Grind together in a coffee grinder/blender/mortar and pestle with salt
- Add hempseeds at the end.
- also good opt. additions are ? fennel and 1 tsp thyme (great digestive aids)
- Sprinkle this mix on roasted kale, steamed greens, or salads for a crunchy flavourful protein rich topping, use as a spice rub for fish or tofu.
- Mixing with yogurt or kefir to create a zesty dip,
- Incorporate it into bread or savoury scone dough,
- Sprinkle it over the top of a loaf or biscuits before baking
- Mix with a bit of coconut butter or real butter/ tahini or honey for a sandwich spread