This is a dairy free version– can also substitute agave or maple syrup for the brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar (can substitute agave)
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk (infused with earl grey tea**)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
To make earl grey infused coconut milk, warm in a small pot on stove, add 1 Tbsp loose earl grey or 2 bags of tea and let sit for at least 15 mins., strain and use as above in recipe
- Melt oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in sugar until smooth
- Cook until sugar is dissolved and puffy (3-4 mins)
- Add coconut milk and whisk until smooth
- Add vanilla at end.
Serve with Sticky Date Toffee Pudding Cake! and vanilla ice cream (can do Rice or Coconut versions!).