I am seeing more and more people who are on “egg-free” diets for a period of time– here are some ways to get around the egg-free zone when baking by using this egg substitute.
1 egg is normally about 1/4 cup of liquid
- 1 Tbsp finely ground flaxseeds blended with 3 Tbsp water or herb tea until frothy/thick (about 15 mins)
- If you make a large batch, will last approx 3 days in fridge.
- Rule of thumb is 1 part ground flax to 3 parts liquid.
- 1/2 cup applesauce or mashed banana + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c soft tofu, blended with the liquid in the recipe
- 1 tsp “Ener-G” Egg Replacer beaten with 2 Tbsp water or herb tea
- 2 Tbsp flour + 1/2 tsp vegetable oil + 1/2 tsp. baking powder beaten with 2 Tbsp water or herb tea