A delightfully light, gluten-free quick bread that will surprise you. Made with ground almonds and tapioca flour, this grain-free, high-protein loaf is perfect for those looking to reduce their simple carbohydrate and grain intake. You won’t feel restricted when this comes out of the oven in all its golden glory!
The nutrient-dense chia seeds add fibre and crunch, and with the help of eggs you get bread that holds up to slicing while maintaining a light-yet-firm texture. Perfect for spreading with hummus or nut cheese!
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 c almond meal
- 1 1/2 c tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix chia seeds with water and apple cider vinegar and let sit while you combine the other ingredients.
3. Sift almond and tapioca flours, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and soaked chia seeds (this will clump up so blend well with a whisk!).
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing with a whisk until there are no lumps.
6. Pour batter into a greased loaf tin and bake for 35 minutes, until the bread is firm to the touch.
7. Remove bread from the oven and turn out onto a cooking rack to cool.
(As published in EcoParent Magazine)