This makes a great dip/spread for crackers, crudites, addition to quinoa/rice/pasta/wraps or soups. I like this for the fall/winter months when fresh basil is not so plentiful. but zesty flavour is still in season! In spring I use stinging nettles, summer all basil and fall /winter kale does the trick and is extra nutritious!
- 1 kale (de-stemmed)
- 1 Cup fresh basil leaves ( or add’l cup kale)
- 2 Clove garlic
- 1/3 Cup walnuts
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 Cup nutritional yeast (optional (can do parmesan) )
- 1/2 lemon, zested (optional )
- Pinch sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Steam kale lightly
- Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- De-stem basil leaves
- Chop garlic in food processor
- Add walnuts, blend
- Add kale, basil and oil, and lemon zest, blend
- Scraping side of unit.
- Add hemp/nutritional yeast (for vegan, dairy-free) or if doing dairy, 1/2 cup grated parmesan.