Seaweed broth- for miso soup and more!
- 1 konbu (1 stick- about 4 inches long)
- 4 Cup water
- ?HEALTH NOTE: Kombu is a high protein sea vegetable!
- Contains iodine, carotenes, B, C, D, vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium, silica, iron and zinc
- It contains glutamic acid (safe and natural form of MSG?so great for flavouring) boosts stocks, soups and stews,
- High in omega 3 essential fatty acids (this is what fish eat– why our cold water fish–salmon/cod/herring/mackeral are all so high in omega 3s!)
- Tenderizes beans (use in soaking and cooking)- makes legumes more digestable (less flatulence!)
- After you soak it, and use the broth- don?t discard the kombu- you can slice it up and use the veg. itself in stir-fries etc.
- Soak a piece of kombu in a small pot of hot water first?about 30 mins,
- Then simmer in a small pot as if making tea
- Start with recipe as above (ratio is 1 piece of konbu : 4c/1L of water)
- OR make a larger quantity and use the extra broth for a miso soup later!