Use these nutrient dense ancient seeds to make a super simple dessert
*Chia seeds (Salvia hispanica) are the ultimate power food tiny wholefood of the legendary marathon running Tarahumara Indians of copper canyon in Mexico.
- super high in omega 3 fatty acids (great for brain, heart health, weight management, are anti-inflammatory),
- high in protein, calcium and anti-oxidants
- you can sprinkle these on salads, cooked or cold cereal, yogurt, or make agua fresca ( 6 oz cold water, 1 tsp chia seeds, a squirt of lime or lemon juice and honey or maple syrup to taste)..
- 1 Cup mexican hot chocolate (room temp)
- 3 Tablespoon chia seeds*
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Mix room temp. hot chocolate (or chai) with chia seeds and maple syrup.
- Let sit for 30-45 minutes, stirring from time to time and it will set like tapioca.