These fabulously light and fluffy grain-free pancakes will more than fill the need for cozy morning carbs! Naturally gluten-free, these protein-rich breakfast treats can easily go dairy-free as well by substituting the milk for a dairy-free alternative and by using coconut oil in place of butter.
Although maple syrup isn’t officially paleo (sorry!), honey is a delicious paleo-approved replacement, so drizzle away! Add a smattering of fresh berries and you’ve got a delicious stack that’ll make any breakfast lover swoon!
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 c milk or milk alternative
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil or butter for frying pancakes
- Measure out and mix dry ingredients.
- Place liquid ingredients into a blender and blend on low.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add oil or butter to frying pan or griddle and ladle batter to form small pancakes (about 10 cm each).
- Cook for a few minutes until small bubbles form on top of batter or edges dry, then flip. Top side should be a light golden colour.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
Makes about 18 pancakes.