- 1 1/4 Cup dates, pitted
- 3/4 Cup roobios tea (or water)
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 Cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 Cup maple syrup ((or 1/2 cup brown sugar))
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon ground flax (mixed with 1/2 c herb tea= 2 eggs)
Bain marie is a water bath.
Place custard cups in a larger pan filled half-way up with boiling water and place the entire pan in the oven
For the date mix:
- In a small pot, put dates in tea/water and simmer 5 mins. Let sit until soft (15 mins).
- Add soda, mix and let foam.
- Sift dry ingredients and measure out all others
- Blend ?maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and flax mix (or 2 eggs)
- Lightly mash dates with tea/water
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Pour in greased ramekins/custard cups (or muffin tins if you don’t have)
- Bake in a ?bain marie? ***at 375 for 30-40 mins.
Serve the pudding warm with Early Grey Caramel Sauce and vanilla ice cream (can do Rice or Coconut versions!).