The beautiful colour and zesty Mexican-inspired flavours in this recipe can be a bright lift to a dark and wintery day. Fantastic as a dip with crunchy tortilla chips, or a fresh side sauce to complement an earthy chili or baked bean casserole, this Creamy Avocado Lime Dip will have everyone at the table asking for more!
Avocados are a great source of healthy, monosaturated fats, as well as Vitamin E, one of the most important nutrients for the skin, protecting it from oxidative damage. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, which means it is best absorbed in the presence of fats at a meal. It has been shown to be more effective when combined with Vitamin C, which avocados also provide!
If cilantro suits your taste buds, include it here: it’s a wonderful, cleansing herb and its detoxification support is always a boost for vibrant healthy skin.
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp hemp hearts
2 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper
1/8 tsp salt and a few dashes of black pepper, to taste
Optional (but delicious!): 2-4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Cut avocados in half and then scoop the flesh out.
2. In a food processor mince the garlic. Add avocado meat and lime juice and process.
3. Alternatively, mince the garlic by hand, add avocado meat and lime juice and mash with a fork until blended.
4. Mix in the red peppers and hemp hearts for added crunch and protein boost.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir in cilantro and enjoy!