These are great snacks densely and deliciously packed with nutritional goodness for on the go!
- 1 3/4 Cup oats
- 3/4 Cup coconut (unsweetened, shredded)
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1/4 Cup hemp seeds
- 1 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon flax seeds (ground)
- 1/2 Cup gogi berries
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- 2/3 Cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 Cup coconut sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8?12 baking dish (best if lined with parchment paper)
- Toss the oats, sunflower seeds, and coconut together on a sheet pan and bake 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the seeds (hemp, flax, chia)
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Place the coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, coconut sugar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, then add vanilla and lemon zest pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture stir well.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until light and golden brown.
- Cool in pan before cutting.