This is zesty and sharp- sans anchovies or eggs. This makes it not only deliciously on the cleaner side of most ceasars, but also safe for sitting in the summer, picnics and all!
I just made it adding a lovely lemon basil I got at the Kits Farmers Market– can also do regular basil or purple basil (just got some of that there too! such a cool colour!)
I love this dressing with shaved fennel (instead of regular old romaine) topped with parmesan and crisp fried capers.
If you are truly vegan, you can make “hemp parmesan” by blending equal amounts of hemp seeds with enjevita yeast flakes– really ups your protein and B vitamin profile.
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice ((from 2 lemons) )
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 2 Teaspoon capers (rinsed)
- 1 Clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon chipotle puree (*)
- 1 Teaspoon mustard powder ((or double the amount with dijon) )
- Dash salt (to taste)
- Dash pepper (to taste)
- Blend all ingredients (either blender, food processor or with a whisk/fork!)
This is a great dressing for grilled caesar salad (grilling romaine on the barbeque!)