A dairy free, vegan sauce that is great for steamed vegetables/quinoa/rice, or nori salad rolls
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup almond butter or tahini
- 1 Tablespoon miso (or chickpea miso** if avoiding soy)
- 1 Tablespoon ginger
- 1 Teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric
- 2 Tablespoon tamari (or 1 tsp tamarind if avoiding soy)
- 2 Tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon honey (or 2 dates, chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon sambal oelek (or 1/2 tsp cayenne or chili flakes)
Try this sauce with Nori Salad Rolls
CHICKPEA MISO (soy-free) is available from Organic Lives: 1829 Quebec Street, Vancouver, BC
- WHIZ all ingredients in a blender.
- Serve on steamed vegetables, over quinoa, millet or rice
Great for nori salad rolls, fresh?Vietnamese?spring rolls, peanut-free alternative to pad?Thai?(almond or cashew butter is best for this)!