- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 leek (or onion, diced)
- 2 Clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon basil (dry)
- 6 Cup broth (or water)
- 3 Cup greens (kale, chard, dandelion)
- 1/2 Cup herbs (basil, cilantro or parsley)
- 1 Tablespoon ume plum vinegar (or 1 tsp sea salt)
- Dash fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Saute onions and garlic in oil.
- Add basil and vegetables and water.
- Simmer until greens are tender.
- Add fresh herbs.
- Whiz with a handheld blender.
- Return to pot and simmer more to thicken, deepen flavours.
- Add ume (already salty!) and salt and pepper to taste.
For a creamier soup, add a sweet potato and cook before the greens