- 2 Tablespoon flax seeds (ground)
- 5 Tablespoon herb tea (roobios is great)
- 1 Cup milk (rice, almond , hemp or coconut)
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 3/4 Cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 1/2 Cup brown rice flour
- 1 Cup quinoa flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder ((*if using special GF BP use 3 T))
- 1 Tablespoon xantham gum
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 Cup berries, frozen ( chopped)
- 1 1/4 Cup berries, frozen or fresh ( whole)
This is a great, moist vegan recipe that is also sugar free.
It makes a good number, and you can freeze them.
- Make flax mix first by blending ground flax seeds in herb tea, let sit 10-15 mins (this is an egg replacer)
- Mix dry and wet separately
- Chop frozen blueberries (fast in a food processor)
- Add to chopped berries to wet ingredients
- Mix in dry
- Fold in whole berries
- Can let sit for 15 mins before filling muffin tins
- Bake at 375 – 15- 25 mins.?– (times vary dep on oven- might try 15- 20 mins GF flours burn more easily than regular and don’t really brown -so catch them before they get dry!