Parsnips are a naturally sweet root vegetable. When roasted, their crispy edges sort of caramelize as they brown, creating a really tasty alternative to roasted potatoes. They are a great source of soluble and insoluble fiber, as well as folate (an important B vitamin) and potassium, both key nutrients for heart health.
- 2 pounds of parsnips
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tsp of fresh rosemary, chopped
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- ?Preheat oven to 450F.
- Peel parsnips and cut into French-fry like?spears.
- Toss with oil and rosemary, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in oven, turning a few times, for about?20-30 minutes until golden and tender.
As published in EcoParent Magazine.